International conference on Understanding the Problems of Inland Waters: Case Study for Caspian Basin Baku, Azerbaijan (12-14 May 2018)
An International Conference as titled “International Conference - Understanding the Problems of Inland Waters: Case Study for the Caspian Basin” will take place in Baku during 12-14 May 2018.
The main purpose of this conference is to increase the exchange of the international scientific cooperation on studies of the Caspian Sea, Aral Sea, and Urmia and Van lakes (additional information about conference: http://www.upcm2018.org ).
This conference is organised by Inter-Islamic Science and Technology Network on Oceanography (INOC) and Institute of Geography of Azerbaijan National Academy of Sciences (IGAZ) and supported by ECOSF and other international organizations such as COMSTECH, British Petroleum, etc.
The themes of the conference are:
- The impact of the climate change on: sea level, bio-resources, bio-diversity, marine invasive species, ecology and food web: past, present and future.
- Climate and hydro-meteorological features of the basin.
- International cooperation, socio-economical development, Industry and energy-food, water-ecosystem nexus and the state of fishes and fisheries in the Caspian region.
- Physical and chemical characteristics of the Caspian Sea.
- Geology, geomorphology and paleo-geography.
- Marine geophysics, seismology, seismic hazard assessment
- The application of remote sensing and GIS on investigation of modern climatic trends
- Archeology and paleoarcheology of the Caspian region
- Sustainable development, disaster and risks of the Caspian Sea Region.
- Changing ecosystem health of Caspian Sea under multiple stressors.
For further details, pleas visit: http://www.upcm2018.org