High Level Forum on Inquiry Based Science Education (IBSE)-11 May 2017 at HEC Islamabad
ECOSF and HEC in collaboration with French Embassy in Islamabad are organizing a High Level Forum on Science Education through IBSE – La main a la pate (LAMAP) approach on 11 May 2017 at HEC Auditorium in Islamabad. The lead speaker would be one of the co-founders of La main a la pate of France, Professor Pierre Lena of the Academy of Sciences of France. The aims and objectives of the Forum and the IBSE Programme are as under:
- Get more students studying science and mathematics at the primary and secondary school levels;
- Improve science literacy and understanding in the community;
- Prepare students to engage with science ideas and be knowledgeable about the way science and scientists work;
- Raise awareness of opportunities in science and technology-related careers;
- Increase the number of students choosing science and engineering careers to address the shortage of science and engineering graduates;
- Improve the quality of science classroom teaching practice and link primary, secondary and tertiary (higher) education, scientific research and industry, building on the strengths of each sector leading ultimately to knowledge based economic development in the country.
- Gain insights into activities that not only can encourage and motivate students in science through the hands-on activities but convince decision makers to pursue IBSE La main à la pâte for STEM education;
- Develop a national action plan for disseminating IBSE in the country;
- Define the roles of decision makers/planners in operationalising IBSE- La main à la pâte in the country.
[ Concept Note ]