Invitation for Submission of Concept Proposal for Research Grant under ECOSF S&T Fund
Generating new knowledge and turning it into new innovative solutions is crucial to maintain and enhance the competitiveness in today’s S&T based global world. Even more so, it is a precondition for UN Sustainable Development Goals agenda 2030. Innovation and excellence will positively impact on our lives in very different ways: more efficient and sustainable energy resources, new technological solutions to protect our environment or to guarantee the security of the water and food resources for the world.
ECO Science Foundation (ECOSF) is inviting concept proposals for strategic applied research in the major priority areas viz Energy, Water, Food. The concept proposals should be based on goal oriented joint Research Projects of economic and commercial value contributing to the development of at least three ECO member states. The Research projects will be selected through a two stage process:
1) Concept Proposals - will be evaluated and shortlisted by a Technical Evaluation Committee.
2) Research Proposals - development of full Research Proposals (of selected Concept Proposal) by Principal Investigators (PIs) and Final Evaluation/Approval by ECOSF Forum inlined with the Approved Modalities for Utilization of ECOSF Fund.
- The concept proposals based on research projects upto three years duration can be submitted by any institution (university/R&D organization) with proven and relevant research capacity, duly recognised/authenticated by the relavent ECO member country.(proof of Recognition/Authenticity from the relavent Regulatrory Body/Ministry to be attached)
- Any one institution / organization cannot submit more than three (3) Concept Proposals as the lead institution.
- The concept proposal covers applied research, including industrial research and technology development.
- The projects should be carried out in close collaboration between academic and industry partners and should be aimed at needs and economic benefits of at least three ECO countries.
- The proposed concept proposal should further build on and develop already ongoing research or innovation activities. Based on these activities the concept proposal should aim at developing solutions that have the potential to come into commercial or societal use as well as contributing to sustainable growth and/or societal benefits.
- The concept proposal of project should be targeted towards developing collaborations(Joint research/ innovation projects).
- The participation/ involvement of industry is highly encouraged.
Deadline: March 31, 2017
Click here to View Submission Guidelines
* Disclaimer: Please note that not all text may be translated accurately and there may be some inconsistency. ECO Science Foundation is not responsible for incorrect or inaccurate translations. Foundation will not be held responsible for any damage or issues that may result from using Google Translate.
ECO Science Foundation © All rights reserved.