INTERNATIONAL CONFERENCE ON CLIMATE CHANGE EDUCATION 7 - 9 May 2018, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
An international Conference on Climate Change Education is being organized by International Science Technology and Innovation Centre for South-South Cooperation under the Auspices of UNESCO, Ministry of Science, Technology and Innovation (MOSTI) of Malaysia and UNESCO from 7-9 May 2018 at Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. The conference is supported by Ministry of Education of Malaysia, ECO Science Foundation (ECOSF), La main la pate Foundation of France, Academy of Sciences of Malaysia, InterAcademy Partnership (IAP) and Jeffrey Sachs Center, Malaysia
The conference is organized during 10th Anniversary of ISTIC. The anchor event will be the International High-Level Conference on Climate Change Education. Other related events will include, but not limited to:
- IAP SEP/ISTIC/LAMAP Inquiry Based Science Education Training Workshop for IBSE master trainers on Climate Change Education;
- 11th ISTIC Governing Board Meeting
- ISTIC /Ministry of Women, Family & Community Development / UN Women Training Workshop on Technopreneurship for Women in STI
- Annual General Conference of the Academy of Engineering and Technology of the Developing World (AETDEW)
Women, youth and children in developing countries are suffering and will continue to suffer the worst impacts of climate change, climate change education must prepare them for facing the challenges of climate change in their everyday life such as violent natural disasters; food and water scarcity, job security etc. Hopefully climate change education will also prepare them for employment in climate change prevention and mitigation industrial and services sectors. Above all, they should become advocates of lifestyle change from excessive to moderate consumption with respect to the scarce Earth resources thus reducing the emission of greenhouse gases. Through their proficient use of social media, they will become the agents of change in their communities for sustainable development.
Within the above framework, the international conference will identify:
- Effective mechanism on how to integrate climate change education into national education curriculum.
- Good practices on climate change education.
- Support for teacher training on climate change education the Inquiry Based Science Education (IBSE) way;
- Learning resources and good practices that will enhance climate change education;
Click below for Brochures
International Conference on Climate Change Education
Training workshop on Technopreneurship for Women in STI
Training Workshop for IBSE Master Trainers in Climate Change Education for Asia and The Pacific Region