ECOSF Participated in Webinar on Covid-19 an Opportunity to Reform the Agricultural System of Pakistan
Forman Christian College University and Pakistan Biotechnology Information Center (PABIC), Lahore Chapter organized a Webinar on Covid-19 an Opportunity to Reform the Agricultural System of Pakistan on May 24, 2021. A number of researchers, scholars, experts, and agricultural scientists attended the webinar. On behalf of ECOSF, President Prof. Manzoor Soomro participated.
Dr. Kauser Abdulla Malik, Dean, Forman Christian College University, Lahore opened the webinar, and Dr. Jonathan Addleton Rector, Forman Christian College University, and Lahore after that Ms. Ayesha Aslam Manager, PABIC Lahore Chapter introduce the panelists.
Distinguished Panelists included:
- Dr. Iqbal Choudhary, Coordinator General, COMSTECH
- Sianghee Tan, Executive Director, CropLife Asia
- Iqrar A. Khan, Former VC, University of Agriculture, Faisalabad
- Yousaf Zafar, Ex-Chairman PARC
- Murtaza Quddusi, Regulatory Affairs Manager BASF Pakistan Private Limited
- Atif N. Mughal, Assistant Professor, Business School, FCCU Certified Supply Chain Professional
The discussion during the webinar centered around role of science and technology towards effective strategies and practices in agricultural sector. Keeping in view the extreme challenges that current pandemic COVID-19, the speakers stressed over revitalizing the agricultural practices to keep with demand.