Thar Science FestivalThar Science Festival (14-15 February 2018)
Thar Science Festival (TSF) was organized by Thar Education Alliance in collaboration with Government of Sindh, ECO Science Foundation (ECOSF) and various local NGOs. It was 2-day activity of science comprised of engaging events for people of all ages. TSF provided an opportunity to the students in particular and public in general to interact with the Tharparkar region’s robust Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM) network.
The Thar Science Festival strives to strengthen the communication between the region’s science, cultural, and educational institutions as well as the communities they serve. It aims to work with thousands of STEM professionals and activity providers from over organizations throughout the Pakistan.
Building scientists of all ages had the opportunity to look to the stars, explore working farms, build real robots, and get a little closer to nature. Festival attendees explored the science behind what makes us happy, learned about the health of our river from the fish that call it home, discovered how nature inspires modern technology, and so much more! Over14,000 people embraced their curiosity and learned something new, proving that Discovery is in our DNA.
Aim of Thar Science Was:
- To run stimulating and enjoyable interactive science activities for a wide range of audiences in Tharparkar.
- To provide a non-threatening entry point for local people from a varied demographic area (including rural and deprived areas) to engage with science.
- To showcase, in an engaging way, the current and historical science originating from Tharparkar.
- To provide role models for careers in the form of festival staff, volunteers and presenters who work in STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Maths) in the local area.
- To demonstrate Tharparkar’s contribution and importance to science and technology at a global level and to broaden the horizons of future generations of scientists.
- To promote an understanding of science, expand the Science Lab’s and encourage Government sector to take imitative the field of Science and Technological Innovation