Virtual Water International Conference (VWIC)
Considering the current and future water resources scarcity in the world, Virtual Water has grown to be an important notion, policy option, or a tool to partially address some of the water crisis challenges that the world is facing. As part of the nexus strategic planning for world’s food and water security, it will be very beneficial to establish a network of interested people on this subject.
On April 15th and 16th of 2017, Chamber of Commerce, Industries, Mines, and Agriculture (CCIMA) of IRAN in collaboration with different universities, UN institutions and a couple of public organizations from Iran and other countries intends to hold the first Virtual Water International Conference, covering Virtual Water trade and the benefits that follow an efficient global Virtual Water trade practice. Virtual Water Conference aims to address the role of a robust virtual water concept and virtual water trade and cooperation, as a tool, in the inter-basin, national, regional and international levels in line with mitigation and adaptation challenges we are facing due to climate change, population growth, global life style change and food security issues from geopolitical, socioeconomical and environmentally sustainable point of views. The objectives of the conference are:
- Virtual water principal concepts, new challenges and necessities
- Virtual water trade, practices, mechanisms, infrastructure and benchmarks
- Virtual water and food security
- Role of virtual water trade in response to water crisis and climate change impacts
- Virtual water road map for the Host Country (This objective will be a fixed part of future conferences and will address issues relevant to the host country each year).
For more information about the conference: http://www.virtualwaterconf.com